26 septiembre 2011

Want to lose fat?


I am always asked again and again, what I suggest to help people lose weight. Well here are some things.
First off
  • Diet. Yes what a broad statement to make. “Go on a diet.” I don’t particularly recommend any specific diet. Personally I think diets work different for everyone. Some people need less restrictions while others need more. Dieting is lame. Why not call it a life style change.  By life style change I am implying, you will never go back to over eating again. ALSO, it has to be a plan you can LIVE by. Something that you can do pretty much forever. So make your calorie intake realistic. Eating 700 calories can not go on forever and ever. It’ll end one way or another. Either you will die or just binge and stop eating 700. Yes, those are your choices. I think 1200 is a fair amount. No, I wouldn’t say eat 1200 forever but if you upped it to 1600 which is called a maintenance diet (remember we don’t call it a diet, it’s a lifestyle change sooooo you’re just maintaining your lifestyle change! OKAY!). You can go from 1200 to 1600 slowly and not put on any weight. Except maybe 5 pounds which is where I will get into the specifics of dieting and goals
  1. When you are on a diet, ahem, when you’re making a lifestyle change, make sure it’s healthy! 1200 calories is enough to live and lose weight but it does not mean it’s healthy. I can eat 1200 calories worth of cake and still be malnourished and sick. I mean, even when I go through my binging stages I am malnourished and sick. Make sure you’re getting more than enough protein, eating tons of fruits and veggies, drinking lots of water, and taking a multivitamin! 
  2. Aim 5 pounds below your goal. Whenever you start to up your calorie intake what happens is you do gain a little teeny bit. At most, 5 pounds. 
  3. Carry around a little book and write down your calories (: It’s quiet helpful!
  4. Though, I hate to say this, don’t eat anything that doesn’t have calories or ingredients! You need to keep track
  5. Now I recommended you 1200 calories, you can eat more (depending on how much you workout) and you can follow a diet plan if you want to! Just make sure it’s one that nourishes you and one you can follow! You don’t wanna follow a diet plan that once you get off you gain back 10 pounds or even worse, all the weight! 
  • Workout! Again, I am not getting very specific. For a reason! You can pick your own workouts :) We all prefer different things, yeah? Some people hate dancing, some love swimming. You decide! There are some things you need to keep in mind though!
  1. CARDIO! Get that in 5-6 days a week. Walking does count as cardio, but come on! You can do a real workout! Try running intervals! That’s the best for burning calories.
  2. Cardio is cardiovascular exercise in other words, anything that gets your heart going and it’s the best for burning fat :)
  3. LIFT! You want to use your muscle so your body doesn’t eat it up since you’re not eating like you used to. So lift weights! Please remember, building muscle is so good. The more muscle ya have the more calories you burn!
  4. No, lifting weights will not make you bulky if you’re a girl. You’re a girl. You don’t have enough testosterone in your body. Soreeeh.
  5. Switch it up~ Not only does doing the same cardio get boring for your mind, but your body gets bored too. It will become less effective over time. Change up your workouts as often as you can.
  6. Again, I think running intervals are the best and so is dancing!
  7. Before you ask, regular yoga is not a good calorie burner per se but it’s relaxing and great for you!
  8. 3 pound weights will do nothing for you, lift as heavy as you can, without straining yourself. Try getting 8 pounds. Even 5, if necessary. WORK YOUR WAY UP.
  9. Working out first thing when you wake up is the best thing! Puts you in a healthy mindset and helllllo burning calories :)
  10. PUSH YOURSELF! Like I said in #5, switch it up. If you’re running a mile and it gets easier and easier, run 2. Go that extra distance. Push yourself. Don’t get comfortable with a workout. Once you are comfortable, challenge yourself and make it more difficult!
  • Count all your fruits and veggies! Aye, this is important! Negative calories no longer exist to you. Everything counts.
  • Eat clean! Eating clean could be just what you need!
  1. All fruits and veggies have calories, your body doesn’t take more to burn them than they’re worth. Forget what you heard.
  2. Eating clean basically means non processed foods! It’s great for your health and fat loss. It could be just what you need to get rid of your belly! 
  • Do not, and I repeat DO NOT starve yourself! It’s quiet simple. You want to lose fat. When you starve your body you lose muscle, and very little fat. IN FACT your body fat percentage increases. Which means you’re just going in the opposite direction of what you want. You want less fat, more muscle. And by more muscle I do not mean bulky nor muscley. 
  1. Eat healthy! Like I said. 1200.
  2. NO fasting. You don’t need fasting.
  •  You can’t really target fat loss but here are some great foods for aiding in  loss tummy fat! 
  1. Almonds 
  2. Eggs
  3. Low calorie dairy
  4. Berries
  5. Oatmeal
  6. Olive oil
  • Stop checking the scale every day! It’s gonna make you go crazy and probably hurt your progress! Check once a week at most, the same day every week, after you go to the bathroom first thing in the morning naked. 
There’s just some of my advice :’) Good luck!


xoxo Anto Kaulitz :)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario